What if you knew that you only had one more day with someone that you love. Would it make you look at things any differently. How do you know that today isn't the last day? I am writing this blog, after I got the distinct impression (multiple times in the last year) that I was going to lose part of my family members in an accident. I know it sounds crazy and maybe it is, but what has happened to my heart as a result of this feeling, is not crazy-it is AMAZING. For the first time I am looking at things as if they could be my last and that makes me soak them in, and appreciate them more than ever before. What if today really was the last day? I don't know if it will be or not, but I also don't want to take any chances.

Thursday, May 15, 2014

A heart willing to serve

I would think that most people would probably say it is too early to tell, but I think my sweet boy has a real desire to serve.  I have really noticed it a lot lately.  When I am sweeping the floor, he comes and wants to empty the dust pan for me.  When someone spills water on the floor he runs to get a towel and wipes it up.  When I am making dinner, he loves to put the forks on the table to help.  When I vacuum, he pushed his toy vacuum right along beside me-the whole time-not just for a minute and then he gets distracted, the whole time.  He pushed his toy mower along with Greg as he mows the lawn the whole time too.  The other day we came home from the store and our neighbor was out mowing her lawn and as soon as I put him down he headed right over to get is toy mower and started booking it over to Verna's.  I called him back, but I think he would have gone over and helped her mow if I had let him.  And today I caught him out with his dad pulling weeds in the back yard.  I mean, he doesn't slow down, he doesn't get distracted, he stays right there doing his part to help until the job is finished.  Could he really have been born with a heart ready to serve?  Oh how I hope and pray I get to see him grow, and watch as this precious part of his personality develops.  



No comments:

Post a Comment