What if you knew that you only had one more day with someone that you love. Would it make you look at things any differently. How do you know that today isn't the last day? I am writing this blog, after I got the distinct impression (multiple times in the last year) that I was going to lose part of my family members in an accident. I know it sounds crazy and maybe it is, but what has happened to my heart as a result of this feeling, is not crazy-it is AMAZING. For the first time I am looking at things as if they could be my last and that makes me soak them in, and appreciate them more than ever before. What if today really was the last day? I don't know if it will be or not, but I also don't want to take any chances.

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Lullabies

I am blessed to have a husband how is home (almost all of the time) at bedtime and who loves to and willingly helps put the kids to bed.  He usually puts Treyson to bed and I start on things with the girls.  I love to listen (through the wall while I am in the girls room) to the two of them in Treyson's room as they get ready.  I love hearing them giggle, and I love hearing Greg read him stories and most of all I love hearing Greg sing him lullabies and hearing Treyson singing along.  He doesn't say any words, he kinda hums.  It is the cutest thing.  To me it is like him saying, "I love this daddy, I love singing with you."  One of those things that just touches a mama's heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment