What if you knew that you only had one more day with someone that you love. Would it make you look at things any differently. How do you know that today isn't the last day? I am writing this blog, after I got the distinct impression (multiple times in the last year) that I was going to lose part of my family members in an accident. I know it sounds crazy and maybe it is, but what has happened to my heart as a result of this feeling, is not crazy-it is AMAZING. For the first time I am looking at things as if they could be my last and that makes me soak them in, and appreciate them more than ever before. What if today really was the last day? I don't know if it will be or not, but I also don't want to take any chances.

Thursday, May 22, 2014

The one on one moments

May 28th
I have to say, that while I have known the importance of one on one time-it is not always easy to accomplish, but since feeling a need to relish each day better I have been pleasantly surprised at how sweet the one on one moments really are.  Today Allie had her first piano lesson, which was super exciting, but it also meant that I had a few minutes with Brailie and Treyson which was really nice too.  We walked to get the mail and Treyson was in the stroller busily looking at things and that gave me a chance to look at my sweet 4 year old riding her bike, her little quirky habits, her cute grin, and listen to her one million questions and just have a minute again where I could give her my undivided attention and I could take her in just a little better.  It was wonderful.  So simple, but so wonderful.
Later we had bath time and I had Brailie in the tub and Treyson was napping which meant that it was just Allie and I for a second and that rarely happens so I tried to soak it in.  She wanted me to hold her.  My 6 year old, who is as heavy and a sack of bricks and too big to be carried any more wanted to sit on me and cuddle.  Oh the JOY it was for me to just hold her again.  We didn't really talk, she said she just wanted to cuddle me.  It made me feel special and I know she needed it.  I am so grateful for that moment, that everything happened as it did to allow me to have that.
My goal is to have more one on one time.  It is so hard to fit that in.  Our girls do most everything together.  Brailie is the hardest to let me go and do anything with anyone else if it doesn't include her but hopefully with Greg home for the summer we can work it out and have that time.  It is as precious as gold I know.  I knew it before, but I know it even better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment